Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday's are good



Ever since I can remember Thursday's have been my favorite day of the week. I think it all goes back to my HS days and "Fame" was on the TV Thursday nights-LOL. Anyone else watch that show?? The top photo is from the album that was born out of that show. Lori Singer from "Footloose" fame starred in it. I loved it!!

Anyway...been thinking about writing and words a bit this week. I used to write a weekly column for my local newspaper...did this for nearly 5 years and enjoyed it.I quit nearly 4 years ago to pursue on-line writing. Yesterday at the gym this sweet older lady kept staring at me. Finally she said "Do you still write?" I smiled and said "You must have read my column." She shook her head and announced proudly "I made your Grandma's cookies once." I had forgotten I had even put those in the paper!!

Not only did this kind lady make my day but she made me think when she asked me if I still write. I don't think a whole lot about it but LOTS of people have asked me that since I quit the Forum.They just assume that just because I used to write I must still...that's pretty neat to me. For as long as I can remember I wanted to write. Books, plays, movies, articles...you name it I planned on writing it. I wanted to be known as a writer. Writers lead mysterious, exciting lives. Writers wear long flowing scarves and have rumpled hair. Writers are a bit quirky, they stay mostly to themselves and always have their nose in a book. So I"m wondering does this describe me in any way? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Yeah, pretty much. (well, minus the flowing scarves part and rumpled hair. I mean with me it's all about the hair. Oh, and really my life isn't that mysterious it's rather normal...but the quirky part? To a T.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!