Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank you Vets

Yesterday while waiting to be seated at our favorite restaurant, my husband and I noticed the dearest older gentleman sitting in a booth chatting with a younger woman. His smile lit up his whole face and his eyes twinkled liked Santa.

A bit later as we were eating I peeked at that man again...just to see what he was doing. There he was, all alone enjoying his meal. He looked my way, I smiled. Then I noticed his ball cap. It said..."World War II Vet". Without warning I got a lump in my throat and tears sprang to my eyes. What that man must have seen was all I kept on thinking.



By the time we left the man was gone. I was so hoping he was still there...I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

Today is Veteran's Day. I say to all the men and women fighting in past wars and the one going on now...I APPRECIATE YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet moment you had - I've had similar moments walking through airports and seeing men/women from our armed forces. I always want to reach out and hug each and every one of them (not quite sure how they would take it, though. hmmm - I'll have to try that.) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!