Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Oh, joy of joys...it's a SNOW DAY here in Northwest Missouri!!

The alarm woke me up at 6:30 this morning and while I had a feeling we wouldn't have school I thought I'd better check...to make sure. Sure enough the radio said CLOSED. I let Jackson know then went back to my warm and cozy bed for an extra hour of sleep. Em and her Dad woke up at 3 this morning for a duck hunting adventure about an hour from here. I've been praying for their safe return all morning. I'm a bit of a worry wart.

Oh, the gift of SNOW DAY. It's one of those rare occasions when I feel like I can do anything. Spend the day writing, catching up on a good book or scrapping till my heart's content. Here's what's on today's agenda...

*Computer time
*Getting my printer up and running so I can write and print out our Christmas letter
*Making our annual Christmas baking list
*Watching my favorite soap-"All My Children"
*Catching up on laundry
*Playing a game with the kids
*Making something warm and cozy for dinner tonight
*Working on my December Daily Book

What about you? What kinds of things do you do when given the gift of a Snow Day??

1 comment:

  1. I loved snow days as a kid in Ohio, but my son won't get many living in San Antonio. Although, if we get any snow or ice the entire city has to shut down. (I've heard that there is one salt truck - at the airport!) I hope that you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!