Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is this a Word?

Here's the deal. Mondays just don't work for me when it comes to posting my Word of the Week. Usually I'm still thinking about the past week and trying to come up with just the right word. So, instead of trying to change the way I think I've decided that Tuesdays will be the day I post my Word from the previous week-got it? Good.

Last week I tried lots of new things that were a bit out of my comfort zone. I took not one but THREE classes at the gym-astounding for me! I also had my friend Kristen over for lunch and a visit. Now that's not really out of my comfort zone but it is something I've never done...cook a meal for a good friend on a weekday afternoon. We have decided to do that LOTS more! I also kept my word to myself...big deal for me!! AND I met some new friends at my Scrapbook Retreat which I hosted on Friday and Saturday. I was one busy girl.

As I've been thinking about my word I just kept coming back to this phrase..."out of the box". I know this is the Words of Me Project not the Phrases of Me...but really, couldn't it be? Sure! It is my Blog, my rules, right? LOL!!:)

Okay...so my word is

"out of the box"
Idiom
out of the box, Australian Slang. remarkable or exceptional; extraordinary.


I'm not sure my week was remarkable or exceptional but perhaps it was extra-ordinary. Keeping promises to myself, having a friend over, taking fitness classes...yeah...I'd say this word works for me.

I've been doing a bit of thinking about some new ways to jazz up this project and get you to really think about your life and how words can have a huge impact on it. I'll post these ideas within the next few weeks...stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!