Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Word

It's Wednesday and I'm just now posting my WORD from last week *sigh*. Yeah, pretty pathetic-huh? I'm trying not to spend every waking moment on the computer so I've limited myself a bit this week...however, I should be HERE!! (and not all those other places I get sidetracked on but man, there is some really inspirational stuff out there, ya' know?)

So here ya' go my WORD from last week...

SUPPORTIVE

–adjective
1. giving support.
2. providing sympathy or encouragement: His family was supportive of his attempts to be a writer.
3. providing additional help, information, etc.; auxiliary: manufacturers of supportive materials.


There are several reasons why supportive describes the week I had. I'm being supportive of others. I have two friends that are trying to lose weight, workout and clean up the clutter in their homes (just like me!). Last week I met one of my girls at the gym most days, worked out with her and gave her my full support. My other friend has a blog I read daily and comment on. Along with my support I give them they give me so much, too!

Towards the middle of last week our life became stressful with business stuff. By Friday I was a complete wreck. My husband and I were receiving death threats and talking to the police. It was a LONG day to say the least. Through it all my wonderful husband and I gave each other lots of love and support. What a comfort we were for one another!!

Another way my week was supportive was all the love I show my family daily. Each time I prepare a meal, drive someone to practice or an activity I'm showing them my support.

How are you doing? What was your week like? If you could describe it in ONE word which one would you choose? I would love to hear all about it!!!

1 comment:

  1. (Ok - holy cow . . . death threats? I'm a little concerned now. Be safe!)

    Now, to move from that . . . to my word from last week. I usually don't play along, but while reading your post, a word popped into my head for my last week, so I thought I'd share. My word . . . CONGESTED; To overfill or overcrowd. Not only was my week full of having too much to do and not enough hours to do it, but I also have been suffering an awful cold and cough. So CONGESTED seemed to fit right in on all counts. Thanks for the inspiration for a word - and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!