Thursday, February 18, 2010

3 Layouts (YES, 3!!!)

As my journey through the book "What about the Words" progresses I'm finding myself getting more pages done and more stories told than ever. I am so{ loving this} Scrap2010 project I've given myself!
I am on Challenge #3 in the book. Here is an excerpt:

"Create your own definitions written in classic dictionary style to express sentiment that cannot be summed up in a single word."

This sparked an idea in me I hadn't done in over 2 years. I decided to journal on my computer again and had so much fun. I picked out 2 photos of Emma taken 3 years ago on a school field trip. I just loved how innocent and darling she looked here. Here are the definitions I came up with...

*sweet
*thoughtful
*creative
*loving

I enjoyed coming up with my definitions of each word that so perfectly described my daughter at 10 years old.

The next challenge inspired me a bit differently than the example they showed in the book. Here was the topic...


"With definitions, you can stick with the classic dictionary varieties, but you can also add spice by incorporating the name of a special person who embodies those characteristics." [taken from What about the Words?]

I was inspired to find a poem that best described my girl when she was 3 and 4 years old.

The poem is called "Being a Girl". I found it on Scrapbook.com which is an excellent resource for finding poems, titles and more. Check it out.


My third layout involved another way to use a definition. The suggestion was to expand on a standard dictionary entry, adding bits and pieces of your own words. Here's what I did...

 

The word is "Photogenic"


The journaling reads:

"Forming an attractive subject for photography or having features that look well n a photograph: a photogenic face. Two siblings known as "Jackson" and "Emma" Ackman. Every time a camera is brought out each child assumes a model position, posing for the camera with a big, cheesy grin. Best known for their ability to spread love adn joy to all they meet, Jackson and Emma are the two best kids any family could have. Beautiful, Handsome and full of charm these children were born to be stars!!"

This page was so simple! Took me like 5 minutes!! I printed my journaling on a piece of 8x11 cardstock, adhered both my 4x6 photos onto it then placed that on a piece of 12x12 patterned paper. I wanted to add a bit of something so I found that "you are a work of art" rub-on, put that on then finished with a felt shape at the bottom of the photos. Super easy!!

Really, all my pages were simple and quick to create. I have found the older I get the more simple I want things...including my pages. Scrapping is my hobby, {telling the story is my passion.} The simpler I make the pages the more stories I can tell.

Truly, I just let the photos and the story "speak" to me. Sometimes the pages are more intricate, other times not so much.

I am looking forward to the next few pages. They involve using my favorite quotes, phrases and poems. Should be fun!

How are your creative projects coming along? Did you set a scrapping goal for yourself that you need to work on? Take some time this weekend to play, enjoy and get those [memories] down on paper!!

PS. And one more thing!! I am sooooo tired of looking out my back door and seeing this.

So ready for SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the T-shirts!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to SITS. You are going to love it! Happy Saturday Sharefest. I love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You did a great job on your layouts! LOVE them! Your daughter looks very sweet and spunky. My son is 10 also. It is a fun age : ). I also love your blog background. It looks like a scrapbook too! Very cool! Welcome to SITS! Hope you make a ton of great blogging friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are amazing and so is your blog!

    Hi! I'm stopping by from SITS. I just wanted to welcome you and share a little comment love! I hope you and your family are enjoying a great weekend. Please take a minute to stop by my blog when you get a chance. I'd love to have you!

    HAPPY SATURDAY SHAREFEST!

    Teresa <><

    http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by 504 Main! Your layouts are beautiful and I really like how you combine the journaling and the definitions. I am very behind on my scrapping (too much blogging!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!