Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Project Life

First off you'll notice a different Blog look for me. I've tried many different backgrounds with the latest being hearts for Valentine's Day. Truly I'm in love with all things brown, pink and blue plus I adore flowers so when I found this darling background at Aqua Poppy I had to have it!! I think this one will stick around awhile:).

Do you remember a few weeks back when I shouted out with glee that I had purchased Becky Higgins new kit Project Life? Well, I got it and I love it! Here's what I'm doing with it so far.

My Title page

Now, honestly I'm not finished with the title page but I wanted to give you an idea what Project Life is about.

Here's a closer look

The kit came with DOZENS of 4x6 papers like this one (just different colors). I decided to have "Project Life" on my title page simply because I love the way the that describes what I'm doing this year. The foam letters are from American Crafts

I added a family photo taken Thanksgiving. Above that is a journaling card with what we want more of this year. The blue card to the left of our photo is a place for our family goals.

What I LOVE about this kit is how SIMPLE it is. I mean everything is pre-cut...you just choose which one you want and  slip it in the page protector. I plan on adding my own little tidbits like that chipboard heart and family sticker. Also throughout the year I will put receipts, ticket stubs, clothing tags, favorite family recipes, grocery lists-any little bits that will help tell the Ackman Family story this year. You can go here for more great ideas!!

Have you purchased the kit? What do you think about it? What are ways you plan on personalizing it to make it uniquely yours?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! First off - I have to tell you - I LOVE the new Blog look! I find that I am constantly changing my blog - looking for the one that will satisfy me forever. But I'm thinking that it's just part of the creative me that needs to change it (usually monthly). I'll have to check out Aqua Poppy next time I need a fix (I'm love the design on yours!)

    Secondly - I did not purchase the Project Life kit, and haven't really looked into too much. But after seeing your post, I think I may have to take a closer look at it. I LOVE how your cover page looks! And I love the idea of keeping receipts, ticket stubs, etc.. What a great way to remember things. Thanks for the constant inspiration, Les! Just Love Ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!