Monday, February 15, 2010

The Real Thing and Valentine's Day 2010

Last week was a doozy for me. Instead of feeling vibrant and full of energy I was lethargic, queasy, sick and weak. I had a head cold which made me so sleepy. Not only did I miss most of my gym workouts but I barely had the energy to keep up with housework and meals. Anyone that knows me KNOWS it's hard for me to sit still...but sit still I did. Friday afternoon I even laid down for a nap! My word for the week is

Weak

Gosh, I hate to admit that. Weakness doesn't settle well with me! Despite my cold I managed to create a few Scrap2010 pages and work on my Project Life.

Can't remember what Scrap2010 is? Follow along as I journal my way through this book...

 

I just got started last week and am loving it. If you remember last week's layout was inspired by an advertisement. The whole goal was to look at the physical layout as well as where to place the title and journaling. 

This challenge I finished up yesterday focused entirely on the ads slogan or jingle. You know like "Have it your way" from Burger King or "Just Do It" from Nike.

The first idea that popped in my head for this challenge was "Coke, it's the real thing". Maybe it was because I drinking a Coke Zero {i don't know}.

Whatever it was, no matter how hard I tried to think of something else that just seemed to stick And the really cool thing is I had an idea for a page almost instantly.  



This is my friend Lisa. We met 4 years ago and hit it off instantly!! The one word I think of every time I'm with her or talking on the phone is "Real". Hence the title...

"Lisa the real thing"

I then placed other words around our photo that I think fits her perfectly.

Another close-up...this time the journaling along with a cute heart.

 

The journaling reads "We have been friends since 2006. Lisa has always been the most loving and caring person I've ever known. She is a good friend." 

What I loved about this project was how fast I came up with an idea. I may not have scrapped this photo without this inspiration. {I'm always surprised how by thinking a bit differently can help us remember stories or help us tell them in ways we never thought possible}. That's what I love about this book I'm scrapping my way through.
Here's a photo of the darling card Em created for Thomas.



My sweet son surprised me with these Saturday night!!



A photo of me and my honey....


How was your Valentine's Day? What scrappy or craft projects are you working on? I would love to hear about what's going on in your life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!