Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Favs

Oh, boy quite a few things on my mind this morning. So let's get to a few of my favorite things from this week!


1. We actually had BLUE skies on Wednesday and saw the SUNSHINE!! I loved it so much I went for a looooong walk just to take in the birds chirping, the brilliant sky and sun and to feel ALIVE. Loved it! And thanked my Heavenly Father along the way.

2. I love to read. I mean LOVE it!!!!! I have hundreds of books {many of them how to be a better person, creativity tips, writing ideas, etc.} I have to say my absolute favorite book on creativity and finding the time to be creative is this one by Gail McMeekin  "the 12 secrets of highly creative women"
 READ this book!! It is so very, very good and so inspirational. It's like a roadmap for living creative lives. LOVE IT!

3. Cleaning closets. I know, sounds weird but it's true. I enjoy going through my clothes!! Yesterday [thursday] I took all my shirts out of the dresser, my closet and spring storage. Went through everything! Then I made the following piles

give away
workout clothes
t-shirts
jammie shirts [these are shirts I still love but are either really wornout or a bit too "kidd-ish for me to wear out!]

Found some shirts I forgot I had {wearing one today} which was cool. And hey, with today's economy we need all the help we can get, right? 
Then I went through my pants and my shorts. And guess what??? I could wear several that haven't fit me in years! Whoo-Hoo!! [This exercise thing is really paying off!!} 

I highly recommend going through your closets, too. It's like getting new clothes! 

Well, I'm off for the day. Need to run some errands then coming back home to enjoy the day. No school today and the kiddo's are home.


Happy Weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Tues it was 85 here, wed 91 and then thur 77. Really strange weather! I'll be adding that book to my list of future purchases! Also know what you mean about going thru the closet. I've been trying to pair things together that I never have before. A LOT of layering! Congrats on the clothes fitting!! I've been doing really well with my eating but man I can't seem to stick to a work out to SAVE MY LIFE!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! I love when you can go shopping in your own closet. Glad you had blue skies too!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!