Wednesday, March 31, 2010

HCG & Me {& Wordy Wednesday}

So last January my 15 year old son Jackson [aka Jacks] announced to the world that he was giving up pop, sweet treats and getting buff.

Okay. 

I was happy for him. I was supportive fully expecting him to give up pop for a day or two...maybe living without candy a whole week but other than that returning to his old, unhealthy habits. But you know what?

Jacks has lost nearly 20 pounds! And his acne is virtually disappeared. No pop, no candy...no junk. Last night he ate 2 pieces of pizza and got sick. He told me, "Mom, I'm so used to eating healthy now...it's crazy." He proceeded to fix himself a lettuce salad and tall glass of water.

Holy Cow. I am so very proud of my son! And he has inspired me.

Just a bit of MY diet history. I have always been on one. It's true. Started out as a chubby kid, turned into an average size teen {i didn't know it though}, a fat college student, an athletic 30 year old {and all the way through my 30's} and now, here I am a frumpy, chubby 43 year old.

I hate it. And okay, so I don't always look this bad...it's Christmas morning and I had just woke up...but still...
None of my clothes fit right. You should see everything in my closet that is waaay too small. Depressing.

For the past year I have been following Bill Phillips. Love him and his philosophy. But ya' know what? The scale hasn't budged. I eat 6 small meals a day. I workout 5 days a week. Nothing. Sure I'm stronger and I feel ok...but I'm not seeing any real results.

Last week I just gave up. I decided to go on an "Un-Diet". That was probably stupid of me. I ate whatever I felt like...chips, chocolate, green salads, fruit...honestly it was mostly healthy.

Now my pants REALLY don't fit right.

I've been watching Jacks...he's so committed. I've been asking myself "What am I doing that is not working?"
I think I just blame everything on the daily hormone pill I have to take and my age. BLAH!

Since January I've seen a few friends out and about that I hadn't seen in awhile...they were all skinny. I mean they looked so good! I asked every single one what they had done to lose the weight. They all said the same thing....

HCG

One of my neighbors lost 42 pounds last October and has kept it off eating healthy. She looks GREAT!! And like me she was on hormone replacement therapy and had been eating healthy, working out and nothing. But the HCG jump started her weight loss and she feels amazing!!

So my DH and I decided to try HCG for ourselves. It shipped today...we should have it by the weekend and plan on starting Monday!!!!

At first I wasn't going to share this here with you all. But then I thought...no, this is going to affect what I write about, how I feel, etc. I've gotta share it. So here I am, going on this journey. I'm not sure what will happen. I'm keeping an open mind. I have decided to share everything here with you. The good, the bad and the ugly. I'm even going to post a "before" pic.

All of this leads me to "Wordy Wednesday". I picked a WORD to focus on for the next few weeks


PERSISTENCE

**the act of refusing to give up or let go.
**the act of outlasting the competition.
{my fave} steadfast determination to resist distractions in order to reach your goal.

Richard M. DeVos says this about persistence....

"If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence." 


Love this one, too...

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." -Galatians 6:9

Here is YOUR challenge for the week...pick a WORD that empowers you!! Perhaps you are struggling with something in your life like me...your weight, procrastination, depression...whatever. Find a WORD that you can focus on and use it to EMPOWER you!!!

Would love to hear some of your struggles. Please let me know I'm not alone!!!:)

7 comments:

  1. yes ellie is going to stay with grandma for a week. good luck with the hcg thing, Ive never heard of that. Ill have to see how it goes because I know just what you mean. I am training for a 5k but I am not losing anything and Im really depressed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sister you are NOT alone! ;) I don't know what HCG is so I'm going to check it out after I comment. I've been following Toca's clean eating. I lost 10 pounds but still haven't stuck to a work out. I don't know why I don't stick with it?!? I feel great after I do it- but it NEVER sounds like fun! Thinking about my word.... I'll let you know when it hits me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost forgot- Tell your son GREAT JOB!!! Way to take your health into your own hands and do something good for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for Jacks!! I haven't heard about HGC but I hope it works! My word is Resilient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first off i have heard hgc works magic keep me posted.....my word is COMPOSURE.....i feel like everyone around me is crazy (so maybe it's just me lol) i feel like i am always in the center of the hurricane, i am trying to take myself out of so much drama and stress and simplify everything and just have more composure and peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Jackson!!!
    Les, hang in there. I am focusing on my BMI and waist size. I try not to step on the scales at all. It just frustrates me and I eat to "feel better".
    Workouts 5 days a week takes some getting used to, but I HAVE to do it first thing in the morning, after reading my bible. I go to the gym and do at least 20 minutes cardio and then do 20-30 on strength training. I also have a back up support system, besides my fam. My Pastor shows up for his workout about a half an hour after me, so I know if I am not there, I am going to hear about it! LOL
    Loves,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for the sits support it's always nice to know that you can count on your bloggy frineds. If you are still interested in interviewing me for monday I am so in!!(didn't know if you got my email) I would love to link to you on monday if that's the plan!! Happy easter

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!