Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Favs

I am overjoyed that it's FRIDAY!! My head is reeling with all the possibilities this day brings.

*clean house for weekend while listening to 80's music and sipping a Diet Pepsi {BIG one!}
*check out my blog friends and leave some love
*head over to church tonight for a SCRAPBBOK NIGHT! {yes!}
*watch my favorite soap with lunch
*enjoy the sunshine!!
 [I know that cleaning may sound boring but I actually enjoy getting my home ready for a relaxing weekend!! Call me CRAZY!!]

What sorts of fun things do you
love to do on FRIDAYS?!

It's Friday Favs so let's get to it!

I have lots of photos to share with you today. Each one makes me happy!!

Palm Sunday we spent the day with my Mom. Ate lunch, hung out and just enjoyed one another. Now my Mom ADORES decorating everything. She always puts her special touch on everything she does. Love that about her:) Here is one of my very favorite "touches"...

How stinkin' cute is this?? A happy little chef greeting us in her dining room with our menu for the day. Mom, this is awesome and I appreciate you doing stuff like this!! {now i gotta get  mom to read my blog...}

That same day I snapped this photo....Can you guess what my daughter Em is wearing?

It's my PROM DRESS!! Mom got out my wedding dress, too. What fun we had! Typical 80's Prom dress-huh? Almost "Pretty in Pink" like...
Em decided this would NOT be her choice of dress-LOL!

We had such a harsh winter...lots of snow and frigid temps. YUCK! So as soon as we had the first nice day you can bet we were all outside. Here's what Em did after school one day...

Put on her shorts and headed out to the tramp for a little school work. LOVE IT!

One of our many photo shoots. Do you do these with your children? So fun:)

And I can't post today with sharing this one of my son Jacks. Mr. Debate guy. He is so intense....

This was the only debate he allowed us to watch this season. He gets so nervous when we're in there and it's important he do well for the judges.



One of best decisions I made this week was keeping a notebook and pen with me. There are always so many thoughts running through my mind...many of them could be used for posts! I was getting so frustrated...I would have an idea then *poof* it would be gone. {i swear...i am getting so old-sigh} Having the notebook has allowed me to write down my thoughts immediately...it's GREAT! I have 5 posts I'm working on now. If you don't do this yet...give it a try.

Have you tried Pandora yet? PLEASE stop by TODAY!! Pandora.com    You will L O V E IT!!! I found it when we got our Blackberries. It was free so I thought cool. Pandora is this place where you can create your own radio stations!! You just type in a fave artist or song and Pandora finds similar sounding artists and songs and plays them! You can listen on your cell phone or computer. Em and I use it all day long. It's just cool!!!

Just finished reading this...
 You can read about it here.

Now I'm reading this...



Can't wait to get started!! Read about it here. [book photos from Amazon.com]

One more thing!! Remember Phil Stacey from a few seasons back on American Idol?

He has a new song out and I LOVE it!! Keep it on my Pandora Radio. It's called "Inside Out". Be and listen!!

Ok... that's it for today. Have a WOndDeRfuL weekend! I am so GRATEFUL for all my NEW followers this week!! And love all you comments. They truly make my day!!

Be sure and stop by on Monday for "Make My Monday". My featured Blogger is a very creative lady. Her work has been featured in several magazines and on TV. Drop by that interview and check out her blog.

Peace out!

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute post!! I got to sneak in a little time this morning for blogs so wanted to stop by and say hello!! Fridays are usually the day I get excited about not being home alone for 5 days straight anymore! Love when everyone's home for the weekend!! I also volunteer in my daughters classroom on Fridays! Love to hear music all the time too! I have an account on playlist.com. No blackberry for me so just the computer! Btw, don't get me started on "crackberry" I sware my husband starts twitching if it's not in his hands!!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog today. I love your post(and your mom's cute ideas). It is so nice to find someone who blogs that has teenagers(so we can share advise and failures)

    Look forward to reading more from you!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! Fridays are the best!! I am going to put loud music on and clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way I love having my house all clean so i can relax more over the weekend :) oh and love the prom dress lol. i can't wait to go and have a listen to phil's new song i actually kind of liked him that season. do you have any fave's this year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! I have a Blackberry and use Pandora when we go to the pool or when outside playing. It comes in handy all the time! Also, I use my MemoPad on my Blackberry and keep a list in there and save it for ideas that may come in handy later.
    I'll be cleaning this weekend as well, so I better get off the computer & get started! Have a good one!
    ~Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the pics! Those kids are growing so fast.
    Love Pandora also! I love listening especially at Christmas time. I put in a funny Christmas song for one station and one for traditional and one for current. Really helps my music moods. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW...my little girl is going to Prom in a few weeks! Sheesh! So proud of her, she bought her own dress and her friends are getting together to do makeup and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read "A Woman's Place" last year and really loved it. What'd you think? I love your 80's prom dress!! How fun! And we loved Phil stacey...thanks for posting about his song, I can't wait to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!