Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!

You see George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?


Here we are...it's the week of Christmas!! Love it!! I have been listening to carols, watching holiday movies and baking like crazy:)

Our Word of the Week is very fitting....



MERRY



–adjective, mer·ri·er, mer·ri·est.
1.
full of cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous in disposition or spirit: a merry little man.
2.
laughingly happy; mirthful; festively joyous; hilarious: a merry time at the party.
3.
Archaic . causing happiness; pleasant; delightful.
4. make merry,
a.
to be happy or festive: The New Year's revelers were making merry in the ballroom.

 MERRY fits exactly the way I want to be all week long!! 

I have been doing lots of thinking about my WORD for 2011. Leanne reminded me to get in gear with this one:)  Last year's WORD was Possibilities. Here is an excerpt from last year's post..

"The great poet Emily Dickinson said "I dwell in possibility."

I just love the thought of "dwelling in possibility". Don't you do that? Dream about what could be. What you would like it to be.

As I was thinking about my Word for 2010 my mind kept coming back to this quote and the word
possibility-I love it!"


 

And while I didn't reach all my goals for 2010
I am pretty happy with the positive changes 
I made
and where I'm at at this time of my life. So much more to do though...
 

So, like I said...I have been thinking about where I want to go, who I want to be in 2011. The possibilities truly are endless...

Stay tuned for my 2011 Word next week...






Well, ladies I think I'll take the rest of the week off to enjoy time with my family. My kids get out of school Wednesday. Jacks heads to Kansas City that day with his NFL team for a Christmas party, Em goes to Mom's to spend the night while Dave and I will enjoy our annual Christmas Shopping Extravaganza and meal in Kansas City. Can't wait!


Each of you mean so much to me. Thank you for reading my Blog, for leaving such sweet, heartfelt comments and for sharing. I appreciate you!!!


5 comments:

  1. My name means 'Merry'! :-) Merry Christmas to you and your family too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Merry Merry Christmas, dear Les!

    I'm so grateful for your presence, guidance and inspiration in my life, and I wish you and the whole family an absolutely wonderful Christmas and New Year.

    I look forward to great things from us next year, dear. (AND a visit mid-way between!!! I'm EXPECTING THAT!!!)

    Peace and Love to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry merry Xmas dear Leslie-full of love and family and...baking goodness! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I would like to do the 52 weeks, 52 words challenge as well as a couple of others. I have a question about the word challenge. Where do we post our writing? On our own blog? If not, where on yours? Thanks!

    Helen Freeman
    Helen a Handbasket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays...Can you repost a list of the words you have had so far. During this busy time of year I've gotten rather disorganized and I'm behind so I want to make sure I haven't missed one!!!
    Thanks so much!
    Denise Riches

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!