Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Need Your Help, Girls!!!

***An Update!!  First of all I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and concern for Lizzy!! ThanK YOU!!!!! So many of you have emailed your donation ideas. Each of you is AMazInG!!!


The deadline for these items is May 1st, 2011. Thank you so much!!!


Hello, to my wonderful Blogging friends!! I love and appreciate each one of you. Your support and friendship has changed my life. That is why I thought of coming here today...to ask you a favor....

Two weeks ago our dear friends the Smiths...their daughter was in our home and suffered a major stroke. Yes, you read that right...a STROKE at age 11!!!

Lizzie is currently undergoing rehabilitation at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. She is paralyzed on her right side {although she does have some movement now} and her speech has been deeply affected. One-third of her brain was damaged.

My friend Kristin and I are putting together a fund-raiser for her to help with expenses. We all know how expensive health care can be.

What I am would love from you is something handmade we can auction off at the fundraiser. I know so many of you are talented!!!

Anything would be appreciated...a knitted scarf, a mixed media piece, something you've sewed, a framed photograph...you get the idea. Anything you would want to donate would be so appreciated!!!

If you would love to help out in this way please email me at 

leslieackman@yahoo.com


I appreciate you so much:)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, I've sent you an e-mail. I'll gladly help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passing on the information on my facebook and blog. I can not imagine what she and her family are going through right now. Many prayers and good thoughts coming her way from The Northan Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn I am not crafty or talented in that way. But I surely will pray. i will try and think of somethin I could do. I could donate some Mary Kay as I am a conultant and I have the product let me know.
    beautybybeth@yahoo.com
    I would lvoe to be a blessing
    Praying Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about photography? I would love to help in any way I can. Angie posted this on her FB, this is how I found you. Check out this give away I did and tell me if you would be interested in some of the photos. you can email me too. tammy_rufo@yahoo.com

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/02/give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to add this, in honor of Lizzy. She spells her name with a y. I always get a giggle on how adamant she is about it. This is an awesome idea. What is the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie, I'm passing on this information on my blog also with a link to here. I also want to contribute something for the auction, I will e-mail you for details. Maybe posting the deadline will help other readers know your time frame for the auction. My thoughts and prayers are with Lizzy and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When is the auction I want to know how much time I have to work on something because you know I am in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a very small painting of a horse I can give you. (I suppose any little bit helps.) Will email info and pic this afternoon - getting ready 2g2 work now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about a whole crafty package of scrapbook supplies? Would that work for an auction? I'll email you later when I get home, but I can put together a pretty nice package and donate to the cause, most definitely!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!