Monday, June 20, 2011

Just a few of my Favorite Songs Challenge

Music cleanses the understanding;
inspires it,
and lifts it into a realm
which it would not reach 
if it were left to itself. 
~Henry Ward Beecher


Ever since I can remember music has been a part of my life. Everything from rock, country, big band, classical, jazz, pop, dance, folk and everything in between...I love music.

Songs invoke memories from days long gone and people I haven't thought about in ages. Memories come to life, tears are shed and dreams inspired by one single song.

It's magical, really.

Several weeks ago while visiting Nicole's Blog "Destination Unknown" {if you haven't been there GO today. She is a VERY GOOD writer!!} I read with great interest her post titled "30 Day Song Challenge". It was great fun seeing what songs Nicole loved, brought back memories, etc. I knew I had to share my very own faves {and not so favorite} songs with you.

1. Favorite song of all time...Don't Stop Believing by Journey. There is just something about this song...and yes I loved it way before the whole "Glee" thing:) Steve Perry has my vote for best Male Artist. His song "Oh, Sherry" happens to  be another fave of mine.

2. My least fave song of all time...That song Big Butts. Not sure who sings and don't care. Just one terrible song.

3. A song that makes me HAPPY! Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I still remember a warm summer day...watching MTV and this song came on. I can still see the sun rays shining through my living room window. I remember dancing around my living room dreaming of college. {I was leaving in a few weeks for my freshman year at Northwest}.

4. Makes me sad...Memories. I think the song is from the musical "CATS". Just makes me sad.

5. Reminds me of someone...I have two songs that every single time I hear it I think of 2 very special people in my life. The first one is When I Close My Eyes by Night Ranger. I always think back to summer and all the fun I had with my best friend growing up...Jamie Gregg. He was my neighbor my whole life and he knew more about me than anybody. Love that guy. The next song is Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes. Makes me think of my Dad. This was his fave song. He used to always sing Sammy Davis eyes-LOL. I can still see him cleaning his paint brushes {he painted homes for a living} and singing that song. This is one of my all time favorites!

I hope you enjoyed a few of my fave songs. Be sure and stop by again this week...I'll share a few more...

In the meantime...what is YOUR favorite song of all time?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I don't have an answer for you right now...I'll have to think about it! But I enjoyed reading your list. Fun things to think about, but tough to narrow down!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!