Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Challenge Continues....

source




Hey, girls...We are in our second week of the 14 Day Creativity Challenge. How are you doing so far? Remember do not beat yourself up if you haven't created every single day...it really is ok:)


I had grand plans to create both Saturday and Sunday but for whatever reason I woke up on the wrong side of the bed Sunday and WOW...creating was not something I even thought about. Talk about bad mood...:(




Today is a new day though and life is looking so much better. Spent the first hour of the day teaching Seminary {we are in 2Samuel this week}then came home, put on some warm clothes and headed outside. Nothing like a long walk on a brisk, sunny morning. It was just what I needed to get out of my funk.

I DO have lots on my creative plate today and can't wait to head down to my studio.

Daily Prompts:

1. Pick your favorite color and pair it with today's quote. Create an art journal page or scrapbook layout.

2. Take a pile of your scraps, lay them on a page and see what happens. Paint over them, use stamps or stencils...create a card...you get the idea.

Quote:

"There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate."  ~Robert Brault

Links:

1. I LOVE quotes!! The best place on the Web for quotes is The Quote Garden. 

2.  So many things inspire me nowadays...including dishes. These bowls are on my wish list for sure.  

3.  Let's all remember this today and everyday!! 


Girls...it's been  a crazy sad 24 hours. My children's favorite teacher, Em's basketball coach, Jackson's geometry teacher...an all around amazing teacher died suddenly of a heart attack yesterday. The mood is somber here.

It's just a good reminder that we really don't know how long we have on this earth.

source


Get out there. LIVE your life. LOVE your life. Be the woman you know you are. Laugh, love, dream, hope, wish, create, be.

Cherish your family. Love them with all your heart. Be there for them. Life is so very precious.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear of the sudden loss of someone that had such a positive influence on your children's lives. You are right, we never know from one day to the next what life will bring. My mom was only 55 when she passed (and I'm getting close to that number).

    I love the quote for today. I did mange to do some creating over the weekend and it 'felt so good. Thanks for spurring me along. I have fun things on my table, waiting for me to get back home this evening, to keep the mojo flowing!

    Again, send along my condolences to your children.

    XO
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..im sick as a dog and can barely do a thing
    so so far not much creating...and wow...how sad for the community to lose a wonderful teacher and role model...my thoughts go out to this persons family...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly think the hardest part about death, is that life goes on. Let's all Love the one we've got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les, so so so sorry to hear about Em's coach. So incredibly tragic. I'll be keeping him, his family, and all of you in my prayers. You are so right . . . LIVE life to the fullest. You never know what tomorrow may bring. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!