Saturday, January 14, 2012

Story in My Heart

I woke up this morning thinking about my WORD for 2012...STORY.

I kept thinking am I really sharing mine? Do my friends and family and readers really know me?
My story.

I promised myself and you that throughout 2012 I would share pieces of myself as I journey towards health, art and peace. This is the year I MEAN it. I am going to be true to you and true to me.

Here's what I wrote in the front of my Gratitude Journal December 19th.

'My year of Story. Stories full of grace, light and hope. Stories of my Life. Stories of how we made it through 2012, on our new path filled with gratitude in our hearts. This is my year of Story."

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the new year began. 2012 has been different. I have been kinder with myself and others. I have charity growing in my heart.




Today I am working on my Body Journal for the class I'm currently taking from Brave Girl Melody Ross. It's called Body Restoration and girls can I just say what a story this is gonna be. I have a wonderful feeling that issues I have had with my body since I was in 3rd grade may just start to melt away. Melody worked miracles with restoring my soul...I can't wait to see what miracles await me and my body image.

There is still time to take this course. It's $99 and let me tell you from experience...Brave Girl classes ROCK. Not only are they art but they are soooo healing. Melody puts her heart and soul into each lesson and piece of art. Love it!

Do you have any artsy plans for the weekend??

9 comments:

  1. Watching Body Restoration videos, working on my journal and my Book of Days. Hoping to also work ion just cleaning up my space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...its my nieces birthday and my sister wanted me to paint a picture of her and her best friend...mmmm ..may be tricky as we git a new puppy yesterday...a golden Labrador...and really..its just like having a toddler all over again...lol...no time!...will go look at body respiration site...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to watch this year unfold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the journey of BR, I'll be doing it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie,

    I found your in the comment section of Body restoration and just had to stop on by to say HI.
    I loved the pics from your show. You art is beautiful. Do you have an Etsy or a website with your art? It looks like you also took Christy Tomlinson’s ecourse. I love making the “girls”, too.
    I can see we have a l lot in common from what you have on your blog. I also love Balzer Designs. I get Julie’s daily emails. Isn’t she amazing. I am really excited for Body Restoration. I really need the support and direction. Looking forward to being on this path with you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your world will open up, as wide as your heart! I've not taken any of the Brave Girl e-courses - maybe one day. I'm signed up for Christy Tomlinson and Junelle Jacobson's art journaling e-course and am looking forward to that.

    It's Sunday evening and I've had a nice weekend. I made another wreath, this one in the shape of a heart and I lOVE it. It's very shabby chic. I cleaned up Tulip's cage and chipped ice in the backyard. Fed the wild birds and watched the woodpeckers come and hang out. Went to a movie and then hit the library.

    Another day off tomorrow - maybe more crafting!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tickled pink to see your lovely face on the boards for Body Restoration. I praying for a mighty healing!! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my wreath. Yes, I made the flowers - it's interesting, the instructions say to twist the fabric away from you but I found it easier to twist the fabric towards me (to make the bud-looking flowers). I bought a hanger for the back today and plan to finish it up.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your word. I'm taking their mother and daughter course right now. Love the look on my girls faces as we share ourselves with eachother.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!