Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Make Your Soul House




Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.  ~John Barrymore


Happy Wednesday!! I have been a busy woman....working out, packing lunches for my kids, attending softball games, creating, working, cleaning and working some more. I must tell you  my heart is as full as it's been in MONTHS. I am so happy!!!

I am in the middle of Week 6 of my healthy lifestyle makeover and going strong. Working out and trying to make better food choices. I have a goal in mind to hit by Sunday. Sugar is still tough for me and our snow cones from Kool Kats are killing me. I sit in there and each flavor just taunts me!! Today when I head to work I'm packing plenty of water and a healthy snack:) I wore a pair of shorts that haven't fit in over a year!!

If you are friends with me on Facebook {and if you're not then head over there and friend me already!!} then you have probably heard me talk about The Art Experience. It's a fabulous place in Maryville and I have the joy of working there!! Here is just a peek...I will share more in a later post.



So my friend Lisa owns The Art Experience. She is awesome and she encourages me to create my art and share in her studio. In the past few weeks I have sold 10 pieces!!!

This summer I was inspired to create my Soul House which is now gonna be a class in September and October!!!

This is the display in the Studio.





Isn't this just soooo cute?? And do you see my Soul House???


Here it is.



I had the BEST time collaging and painting and putting my soul into this sweet, little house.


I used all my favorite colors....colors that really speak to my heart. Colors that show up in all my artwork.



I added words and phrases that remind me who I am and where I want to go.



Of course I added my signature girls.



This sweetie shows up in so much of my work. Love that snow heart.

Speaking of hearts....mine has taken flight!



I AM living my creative dreams....I am listening.


For the first time in my artistic life I am embracing my style, my colors, my message. 



If you are in the Maryville Area be sure and check out The Art Experience website for class dates and times.


“It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot


Have you embraced your artistic style? Are you still trying to find it? Do you think your art isn't good enough? Please share here!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations - on so many wonderful things - healthy habits, your art and your new cours! Love your "Soul House"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i just love your soul house. what a fun project to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh!! I love that sweet house! How perfectly cute it is. Of course I love it too because it is your soul house (fellow Brave Girl)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your house! Looks like a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your art sales, Leslie; that is awesome!! And your class sounds wonderful as well; what a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too funny - really, Leslie! Last weekend I started painting some birdhouses (that I've had for a while). Got the base colors on a few and have some pretty cool ideas spinning in my head.

    And I pop over here and see this post! Holy moly.

    Hugs, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Les! I am SO PROUD of you for your involvement at the Art Experience, for selling your work there, AND for coming up with this awesome "Soul House" idea!!! I LOVE These soul houses, and think they are AWESOME!!! I only wish I could take the class with you! How great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!