Monday, July 1, 2013

SHaKe, shAkE, ShAKE yOur BoDy

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." -Buddhist Proverb


Have you ever been on a walk feeling one way and came back from it feeling totally different? I discovered the true treasure walking is back in the early 1990's. I had just gotten married and was looking at losing 20 pounds. In the past I had been a HuGE step aerobic girl...but was bored with it and craved being outside. 

I had never given walking chance...

I honestly didn't think their was much benefit in it. Boy was I WRONG!!

One day in the grocery store I found a magazine called Fit Walking. I picked it up, flipped through it and bought it. The next day I found the perfect pair of shoes, laced them up and headed out the door with out black lab Rocky. We lived in the country which added to my walks...I LOVEd hearing the birds, seeing the long stretches of cornfields and feeling the breeze on my face. Walking became my PASSION!! I walked EVERYWHERE!!!!


"For the diligent, a week has seven days. For the slothful, a week has seven tomorrows."  -Anon.


Creative writer and artist Julia Cameron believes in the power and connection between walking and creativity and encourages her students who are going through her book "The Artists Way" to take daily walks.



“When we walk, the two halves of our brains converse.”


Ever since the day I discovered walking I have been hooked. Not only has it helped me keep my weight down {although I am twenty pounds over my limit now} and relieved my stress...walking brings me great joy!

This week's assignment is to MOVE! 

If you don't walk now...BEGIN!! Seriously...just put on some comfy shoes, open your door and walk around the block. That's it. Just around the block. If you want to go farther...then go. The choice is yours. I promise you once you start making a habit of just getting out their and moving your body you WILL feel better!! I promise! And one of the BEST benefits of walking is all the creative ideas I get while on the trail!!

Creative a journal page about your thoughts on walking, the way you feel...whatever you are inspired to do. And as always...KEEP ON SHARING!! Your pages are all so inspiring me!!!!!

Oh I almost forgot...lol...here are a few tips to get you PUMPED up this week for your walks!!

*Remind yourself how GOOD you will feel after you walk
*DO NOT guilt yourself if you miss a walk...PROMISE!!!!
*If you can't walk far at first...that is OK!! One block turns into 2 blocks then 4 blocks then 10. Before long you will reach a mile!!
*Just MOVE. If you can't walk or it doesn't sound like fun to you...put on your fave tunes and dance! Just do something!!

Good luck this week Girls...
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

52 Weeks Class
FB Group

1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what you've done here. Thank you so much for sharing this very inspiring journey with us.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!