Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week 32: Letting Your cREatIviTY Goooo.....!

"If you want to be happy, be."  -Henry David Thoreau


First of all girls let me apologize...sorry this is soooo late and my blog posts haven't been very artsy like I promised. I have been creating and dreaming and living my life...full blast:) Life is good here and I am soooo blessed.

Last Saturday I spent the entire day in my studio just creating in my art journal...it was WONDERFUL!

Here is one of my favorites from the day...




Photos of sassy, vintage girls really inspires me!! So happy when I find a new images to create with. If you know of any places where I can find them please let me know...I would be so grateful:).

"Ride into your life on a creative cycle full of juice, abundance and ecstatic wonderment."  -Sark

Something magical happens when we truly get lost in our art doesn't it? We lose all sense of time and place. We become lost in thought. Creating takes on a whole other level. THIS is the place I want to be at more this year. I rarely found this "place" in 2013 even though I worked on it. And really...should art be "work"?

Another favorite from Saturday.



What I learned on Saturday is what I want to carry throughout 2014...just let go and enjoy the process.

Enjoy it.

Why is that so hard sometimes??

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."  -Mary Lou Cook



We are in Week 32 and this week I encourage YOU to LET GO. Pull out your journal and paints, crayons, pens, images, words and whatever else speaks to you. Then go and PLAY.

Let go.



"It is neither wealth nor splendor but tranquility and occupation which give happiness."  -Thomas Jefferson


1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie, I started late w/ this wonderful class... so I'm backing up and doing some of the ones I've missed .... this one is wonderful. I'm not great at art journaling but I do like to journal, do zen doodling, bullet journaling, use different medias to make journal covers, etc. I will post some of them on FB for you. This is a wonderful topic... yes ... I shld be having fun w/ creativity and letting myself get lost in the things I love to create... even if it's a meal... Love your topics. This one is a great one to meditate on. xo Sun

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!