Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Computerless and Creating

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow. ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros


Here I sit, on my couch with a friend's laptop writing my post. It seems like I haven't posted in forever!! When my son moved a few weeks ago he took his laptop with him and since that is what I had been using the past two years....it's time I got a new one! We actually went computer shopping Saturday at the APPLE STORE!!! I am getting a desktop MAC and can't wait to have it!! I hope the next post I write will be from that:)

Instead of posting Week 39 of our Being Me class I think I'll just write a post about all I've been up to and wait until I have my MAC so I can add photos...I hope you don't mind waiting.

Remember if you want to play along you can go here.

So many changes have been coming my way...my 19 year old son moved to Corpus Christi, Texas and is working. Talk about a quiet house!! My daughter Emma will be a Senior next year and is busy making future plans....not in Maryville of course. I still can't wrap my head around the fact Dave and I will be "empty nesters". It's just weird!

Perhaps the biggest change of all is something I am undertaking...something I only dreamed of. Something I have been preparing for most of my life, really....

When you really want change, reinforcement will come from your heart. ~Doc Childre and Deborah Rozman, Transforming Anger
I had an opportunity fall in my lap. And even though I am nervous and scared I am READY. I am ready to follow my heart and put everything out there to make my dreams come true! Very soon I will be able to share this dream with you but for now I must keep quiet...shhhhhhh.....

The past few months I found myself not spending any time in the studio. I knew that had to change in order for me to keep growing as an artist and in order for me to stay sane:) Soooo Monday I began my "Becoming Brave" daily art journal. My goal is to do something creative in my book every single day...even if it's just adding a stamp! This journal will be a place for creative play, favorite Words and will chronicle me Becoming Brave as I embark on a new adventure.

One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince, 1943, translated from French by Richard Howard

I will be sharing my pages with you in the coming weeks along with Week 39 of our Being Me journal e-course. I appreciate each of you that reads my blog, is a member of our facebook group and connects with me on my personal facebook page. Thanks for being here and thanks for sharing you art, your stories and your heart!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you create! And yes I'd imagine being an empty nester will take some adjusting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very forward to knowing what you're future plans are... and believing for Divine Timing... when my daughter left for college it hit me like a ton of bricks... and i thought i was going to sail right they that....lol... i will pray for u. .... Senior year is a fun, whirlwind year.... I'm writing, drawing, coloring in my journal daily. Thx for sharing. Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!