Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Being Me: The Final Weeks

Of all paths a man could strike into, there is, at any given moment, a best path which, here and now, it were of all things wisest for him to do. To find this path, and walk in it, is the one thing needful for him.  -Thomas Carlyle


Can't believe we are in the final weeks of "Being Me". When I started this nearly a year ago I honestly didn't know if I would finish it!! But here we are with the last 7 weeks of prompts.

Remember...you are NEVER behind!! If this is your first time here and you want to participate then go here. All 52 weeks will be here indefinitely.

Week 46:  Here's a question to ask yourself this week..."Where will I be exactly one year from this moment?"  For me looking back to this time last year...WOW how my life has changed!! And knowing what this summer may bring...I suspect I am in for quite a ride in the next 52 weeks. Be sure and create a page in your art journal with your predictions.

Week 47:  Spend some time thinking about your summer art goals. Summer seems to be the best time for me creatively. This year I plan on joining Tammy for her fun ICAD challenge....

This will be my third year participating in this fun and free challenge. Another one to try is Kristin's "Summer of Color"...



 Kristin always has the BEST give aways, too!! Last year I won a Dick Blick gift card!

Week 48:  Open up your art journal and see what pours out. I don't do this often enough!! Paste images, squirt your favorite colors of acrylic on your page or just start stamping an image. Don't think about it too much...just GO!

Week 49:  Always remember that life doesn't go as planned and it can be so hard sometimes!! But no matter what...it's important to take care of YOU!! I know this all too well from experience and I am still learning it. When life gets so stressful that I want to scream and eat everything in sight and just not feel anything...that's when I MUST hold on and take care of ME the most. As I type this my Mom just got a hold of me from her doctors visit....she has breast cancer. And as I type this I am thinking about my father in law...who we found out yesterday... has about 3 to 5 weeks to live from his pancreatic cancer. I am going insane....but I know that if I don't put me first right now I can never be of any use to them...and they need me now more than ever. So PLEASE take the time to eat right, take a walk, TALK to your friends!! PROMISE yourself you will do this!!

Week 50:  So I REALLY love this one...."James Joyce said that a man's errors are his portals of discovery. What mistakes have led to epiphanies for you?" Answer this question in your journal...I mean REALLY answer it:)  (taken from the book 642 things to write about)

Week 51:  Go have some fun! Play with your kids, your spouse, a friend...whomever!! Just go let loose and PLAY!!!

One of my favorite ways to play with my family is riding roller coasters:)



Week 52:  Let's GO BACK to our Mission Statement!! Re-read it...change it...tweak it...totally re-write it. Whatever it needs!!




There you have it!! 52 Weeks of Being Me!!! Thank you so much for joining me on this journey!! Feel free to share the class and enjoy. It's for everyone!

I look forward to what's next on my blog...MORE art, MORE challenges and MORE inspiration!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your Mom! And you father-in-law too? It must be so hard to deal with that. You are such a lovely, positive person and I know you will be a light to them now. AND thank you for mentioning the SOC - what a sweet surprise to see that there :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!