Monday, June 13, 2016

One Creative Summer :Getting Messy

 All you need is deep within you
waiting to unfold and reveal itself.
All you have to do is be still
and take time to seek for what is within,
and you will surely find it.
Eileen Caddy


When we are little summer means freedom, a break from routine.
We get to sleep in, stay up late and play outside all day long.
It's afternoons by the pool,
sleepovers with friends
and Midnight Ghost until way past dark.

Oh, if only that is what my summer looked like today.
Just because the weather is warmer doesn't mean we 
don't have responsibilities. And it seems my summer
is busier than ever!

That's why I created One Creative Summer.
It's about finding little pockets of time to feel like a kid again.
Free
Creative
and 
FUN!

You can expect at least three creative ideas/prompts/projects a week through for the next 7 weeks.
I will try and post at least one of the challenges here in my blog...
the rest of them in our FB group Mind.Body.Soul Art Journaling and PIN at the top.
Feel free to SHARE your work with us!!

When life is just too busy yet I NEED to creative
the best thing I know to do is to 
"messy paint" 
my 
way
to PEACE. 



Your art journals are the 
PERFECT place to glue down some papers,
swipe a few of your favorite paints onto
and finish with stencils....



Doodles....
stamps...
and Washi Tape.



The best part of this creative process is the rhythm you create.
Put on your favorite tunes
and 
just
let 
GO. 

No thinking...
just creating.

Take an hour today to get messy.
This is not the time to try something new.
Just do what you KNOW.
 What you LOVE.

"What art offers is space...
a certain breathing room for the spirit."
John Updike

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!